In general, you cannot migrate data by moving hard drives from the DroboPro to the DroboElite. You will need to copy the data from the DroboPro to the DroboElite.
- Install the version of Drobo Dashboard software that came with your new DroboElite (or later).
- Connect your DroboPro to your computer via the USB or FireWire connection.
- Connect your computer and your DroboElite to a network switch.
- Configure the iSCSI setup on your DroboElite so your computer is on the same subnet as the DroboElite.
- Ensure your computer and DroboElite are connected via iSCSI
- Verify your DroboElite has sufficient free capacity to accommodate the additional data from Drobo.
- Once connected, simply copy your files from DroboPro to DroboElite.
- Verify ALL files are in place and fully accessibly on DroboElite.
- If you would then like to add the drives from
the DroboPro to the DroboElite, remove the drives from DroboPro and
place them one at a time in the free data bays in DroboElite. Note, this will ERASE ALL DATA on these drives. This step cannot be undone. If you are unsure if you have successfully copied all data onto DroboElite, you do not have to complete this step.